Pencavo Hill, Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 5AE, United Kingdom
You will be inspired at Polly's Bower; views are breathtaking across countryside, streams and wooded valley. This romantic hideaway in the old cider barn, is a charming open-plan space with whitewash and old beams, wood-burner and freestanding tub. There are 40 acres to explore, a leat-side trail and a lovely heated outdoor swimming pool.
Local points of interest:
1. There are wonderful beaches including Whitsand Bay which is probably South East Cornwall's best beach with a 3 mile stretch of perfect sand. Others include the pretty fishing villages of Cawsand and Kingsand with their narrow streets and colourful houses.
2. We are lucky enough to have 3 great NT properties within a short car ride; Antony, Cotehele and Lanhydrock all of which have beautiful gardens, particularly in spring when the azaleas and rhododendrons are in full bloom.
3. If you feel like bringing your clubs for 18 holes of golf, then the international golf course at St Mellion is just 10 minutes away by car.
4. If you like unusual plants and want to see one of the most renowned gardens in the world then the Eden Project (40 minutes drive) is a must, with its huge bio domes. Take a steamy trek through its large indoor rainforest!
5. And of course, if you do come to stay, you should not miss Plymouth with its historic Barbican, National Marine Aquarium and Drakes Circus shopping centre which is just 20 minutes drive away.
6. For a good stomp or a picnic, head for either Dartmoor National Park or Bodmin Moor, both of which are about 20 minutes away by car.
Lantallack is beautiful all the year round, with the blossom and daffodils in April; poppies and foxgloves in June; and as the leaves start to change colour in late September, the orchard is bursting with apples.